Monday, July 20, 2009

What we've been up to...

It has been way too long since I have posted!! We do have an excuse though, we have been all over the place, or at least I have!! This last month has been a whirlwind, so let's talk about it.

Taylor and I got to go to Boston and see his Mom graduate from Harvard on June 4th and spend a few days with his family in a one bedroom apartment (pictures to come, but I will save that for another post. Not too worry though, it was loads of fun!

I finished school on June 11th, YEAH!! We moved back to Idaho on Monday June, 15th and on the way we got to spend a few days with Taylor's wonderful Aunt Lisa and also we met up with Taylor's parents who were traveling back from Boston and spent a few days together in Utah at Lisa's. We stopped in Rexburg on our way home and spent the evening with some friends and then the rest of the week was spent seeing more friends and unpacking.

I left for Portland on June 25th and stayed there with my fam for two and a half weeks! It was wonderful, six months is way too long! We had great fun going to the beach, having birthday celebrations, having bbq's, laughing, going on bike rides, going to the temple, going shopping and laughing a little more. It went by so quickly and I wish Taylor had been there, because he was the piece that I was missing from my vacation. I also wish I had a camera so you all could see pictures of my beautiful family!!

I left Portland on July 12th and flew to Arizona to take my boards, which were SOOO nerve wracking, but I passed my theory (written) exam and I will find out if I passed my practical (hands-on) in a few days. I crammed and studied Sunday, took my practical on Monday, studied some more, and then Tuesday studied some more and took my theory exam that afternoon. I celebrated afterward by going to dinner with some of the awesome girls I met while going to school and Erin spent the night and after being up until 3amtalkign and watching movies, we got up and met Sadie to go see Harry Potter!! It was a way good movie. I went from the movie to get my hair colored by my friend Shaela's Sister Ericka (who is fabulous)and then ended the day packing. I left early Thursday morning and drove to Draper to spend the night with one of my dearest friends, Merissa and her hilarious boyfriend Jason. We had a great time and I will do another post about the "cinnamon challenge" that I did while I was there. I left Mer's at noon and headed home. Whew!! Crazy eh?? It's nice to sit down and actually have time to do a blog post.

Meanwhile, Taylor has been working hard, bless his heart; guiding and working on his website. His family came into town about two weeks ago, so his Mommy was here to take good care of him, thanks goodness!!! Let me just say that three and half weeks is way too long to be away!! I missed Taylor SOOOOOO much!!! We all had a great time together these last three days and Taylor's Sisters Natalie, Lauren and his Mom were so sweet and put together a delicious dinner and desert to celebrate my graduating! It was so sweet and our Niece Bailey made a sign that said "congrats Celeste" and colorful paper chain, complete with glittery rocks to represent the Tetons to make me feel even more special! Scott, Natalie and the girls left this morning sadly, but all in all in was a great way to be welcomed home and it was fun to be with family and make s'mores and giggle with the ladies!

Taylor and I are so happy to be reunited!! He left this morning also to go on a overnight guiding trip... :-( I admire his hard work so much, he is the best ever!!!

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Trish said...

You didn't tell me about this sooner why?

kylie said...

WOW! no wonder you fell off the blogosphere! you're a busy girl! i'm glad all has calmed down and that you and tay are together again. sounds like a lot of fun--cognrats on your boards! oh i'm sure you'll do just awesome! you're amazing! miss you girlie, come visit, we want to play! love you.