Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nail Biter

I have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember; something I picked up from my Daddy at a young age. I bite when I'm bored, when I'm mad, when I'm nervous or stressed and I have even had acrylics put on a few times and bit them off too... Yeah it's that bad. I know that it's incredibly unattractive and pretty gross, but I have never been able to stop other than for a few weeks before our wedding so that I could get a manicure.

Well, I am proud to say that I have NOT BITTEN MY NAILS FOR FOUR WEEKS!!!! I just randomly have NO desire to bite them at all!! I think it's pregnancy, but keeping them filed and painted has really helped and my HANDS ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY!!! Many of you know that I'm an esthetician, so I touch people's faces A LOT and I really thought that once I was licensed I would be super motivated to stop biting--NOPE! Anyway, I'm not afraid if my clients look at my hands now like I was before!!

To many of you this is no big deal, but those of you who bite your nails know that this is no small hurdle!

If it is pregnancy, THANK YOU ANSON!!! I just hope it continues once he's born.

1 comment:

Carroll Conversations said...

My hubby can sooo relate. He doesn't like the habit and tries so hard not too. He's on a 3 week stretch, wahoo! I like it too because then he actually has something to scratch my back with. He totally gets what a hurdle this is. Way to go! Keep it up!!!