Thursday, October 28, 2010

Portland-land of my birth

Anson and I had the chance to go to Portland and visit my family for a week back in September and it was SOOO FUN!  This was Anson's first time on an airplane and he was a dream!!  He fell asleep during the decent into Portland, so if his ears hurt him at all, I didn't know because he didn't make a peep!  I was super grateful because mine were killing me!

Anson hadn't met any of his Uncles, Aunts or his Cousins yet and so naturally I was super excited!  I had a blast introducing him to everyone and I have to say that I really enjoy watching people gush about how cute he is because I think he is the cutest kid on the planet!  It was a pretty low key trip-- we hung out at home and with the family mostly(which is the best thing ever), hung out with a few of my friends, went to lunch and dinner a few times and went shopping.

I didn't get much sleep, so I took quite a few naps when I could get Anson to sleep.  It was unusually hot and humid while we were there and because Anson is a hot box when he sleeps like his Mommy, he didn't sleep much.  It wasn't until the end of the week that I figured out that the swaddler was to blame and going through a growth spurt which made him extra hungry.  So, even with all the craziness of traveling, I decided to introduce Anson to rice cereal.  He did super well!

Here are some pictures from the trip!

These were taken right before he fell asleep in my arms.

My Daddy helped me give Anson a bath in the sink.  Also, he has a chopper(pictured)  and couldn't resist putting his Grandson on it!  He sure is a proud Grandpa and it's the sweetest!

Here I am with Ry and Anson.  Ry is the second to youngest Grand baby in the family and he is not so little anymore.  Crazy how time flies!  Ry- you are such a miracle!!

Thanks so for a great trip everyone and for loving my little guy so much!!  Love you guys!


Kylie said...

he really is a CUTIE!! and so are you!

Trish said...

You were saying on my blog you wanted to hear about what I am doing new. Here is my newest thing going on.

I have picked up a real job since we talked last I am watching a 5 year old girl who is a sweet hart. I do it for about 3 hours maxaamom at a time. I don't even have the same hours every week.

I am glad that you got to come home.