Friday, February 27, 2009

What's happening with the Barlows...

Well, these past two weeks have been totally great! I started intermediate two at school, which is chemical peels and micro deramabrasion. I am currently peeling from a pumpkin peel that I had earlier this week in which I broke out in hives, but since I am peeling, I am hoping for a fresh layer of skin to be revealed. I have gotten a hundred percent on both of the test I've taken so far, and I really love my teacher. Her name is Miss Rae and she is no Mama Lori, but she is in a league all her own, she is totally hilarious!

This week, we learned the pumpkin peel, the glycolic peel(glycolic acid is derived from sugar cane and is good for oily/thick skin types) and the lactic peel(lactic acid is derived from sour milk and is a more hydrating chemical peel). Next week we will jump into the salicylic peel(salicylic acid is derived from aspirin) and we'll also learn peels with different enzymes; papain(papaya) and bromelain(pineapple), I'm hoping that I will fend better with the other enzymes then I did with the pumpkin.

Taylor is headed to his favorite place in the world tomorrow... READY??!?! Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, the answer is Driggs, Idaho. Taylor is in a need of a break from Arizona(which he totally hates) to go to the place the brings him the most happiness to snowboard, snowmobile and spend some quality time with his best friends. I am very excited for him to go and have some fun. I will be meeting up with his next Thursday to attend the wedding of two of our best friends(Congrats Tanner and Lindsay). It will be way fun to join up with all our closest friends whom we haven't seen since October.

Taylor's project is going really well. I will have to have him blog about it, because I don't think I will explain it correctly. He and his Sister Lauren have been in meetings all week getting things put together. They built a website today(I will post the link when it's fully up and running). They have been pleasantly surprised at how fast this project has progressed. I am really proud of both of them.

Well, that's all for now. There may be more posts shortly though since I will have more time with the hub being gone and all. Until next time...

No comments: