Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

Okay, so I'm a little behind--what of it?!

I was more than a little sad that we couldn't spend Christmas with my family and that we would spending it alone.  The family that Taylor works for have quite literally welcomed us like family with arms open wide and ready to do anything they can for us.  Even invite us to their intimate family gathering at a fabulous restaurant called Cafe Maxx on Christmas Eve, followed by a big Turkey dinner on Christmas Day.  So much for being alone eh?  Quite far from it--we had a great holiday and feel very comfortable here in Florida and with our new family.  They have been so great to us and they are the reason that it will be bitter/sweet when we move back to Idaho.

Christmas Eve

  Here we are at Cafe Maxx.  It was fun to get all dressed up.  The food was DELICIOUS to say the least.  I have never had such a delicious meal while dining out before in my life! We both started with a salad and then for our entree I had peppercorn fillet mignon with scalloped potatoes and Taylor had sweet onion red snapper.  For desert I had Chocolate souffle with ice cream, which was to die for!! Needless to say, I was glad I was wearing an a-line dress, because I felt like I was going to explode after that meal!  Taylor passed on dessert, so he was in way better shape.

Here is John already taking on the role of Uncle quite well by giving Anson rock candy.  Anson LOVED it!

Here is Anson with Grandma Pattie.  Anson was seriously the life of the party, everyone was so happy to have him there.  It's fun to have everyone argue over who gets to hold him next, they just love him to pieces!

Christmas Day

Santa Came!!!!!!!

Before we opened presents, I made us a yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs with onions, bacon and pancakes fried in bacon grease.  It was divine!





Anson was SPOILED, SPOILED, SPOILED!!  A few items are even missing from this photo--WOW! Thank you everyone!!!
 Taylor and I were spoiled as well.  We got anything and everything we needed and wanted.  Thanks to all!!


After presents and getting ready, we headed over to Brian and Brittany's house (Taylor's boss Larry's son and Daughter in-law and my new bff)  for more gift exchanging.  
Then it was on to Jeff and Pattie's house for dinner and yes, more gift exchanging!   It was oh so fun!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here is Anson with Lisa and Bo (Jeff's Daughter and Son In-law), again with Grandma Pattie and then Kristi and I.  It was a great couple of days and we are so grateful for the warmth and love we have received!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday!!

2 comments:

Tanner and Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanner and Lindsay said...

Anson is getting so big! He has so much hair! Its super cute!