Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peace, Love and Sara Bareilles

Saturday July 16th was a whole new experience for Anson and I.  It started with a 5k run with my best buddy Dawn and with her encouragement, we jogged the whole thing.  I may have had to fight the urge to vomit, but I finished and it felt GREAT!

Then it was on to Targheefest!  It's an annual concert that the local ski resort puts on for the entire weekend.  The headliners that we were most excited about were Sara Bareilles and Michael Franti.








Sara rocked the house!  She even sang her own version of Mumford and Sons "Little Lion Man," and it was so good! I may have dorked out and got her autograph, I thought why not?  I'll never get to be this close a star at a normal concert, especially one who has talent!  So I went for it!


 I had never heard Michael Franti's music before and I'm officially a fan! It's peace and love meets reggae and it's AMAZING! I love the messages in his songs, they were all super uplifting.  Should he make an appearance in the valley again, I will be there for sure!

 





It was a fantastic Saturday!

No comments: